Friday, January 9, 2015

Random Thoughts... And Energy Flows...






Mother Teresa once said...

"I was once asked why I don't participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that I will never do that, but as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I'll be there."


And the sadness, the shock of the past days have made me think of these words again and again... again and again.

We need to put our thoughts, our words, our awareness and our attention to the compassion of this all.

As in all situations of despair and loss, of hurt, and of all those doings that we can't comprehend, we can't let our focus drift from the hope that this wasn't all in vain.

I don't know how many lessons we still have to learn, how often history needs to repeat itself again and again... again and again.

But I swear, I'm not going to give up my hope that one day, we won't wake up to hearing breaking news as we did the other day... and so many other days in the past.

And I'm not going to give up my hope that one day, those lives taken and those families broken, are the gold in a beautiful mosaic that we piece back together.

Just like that beautiful Japanese word. Kinsukuroi. To repair with gold.

With the understanding, that something is more beautiful for having been broken.

Call me naïve if you like. But I'm not giving up my hope.

And energy flows where attention goes...

We have to focus our attention in the right direction... Consciously. Awake and aware.

Because in all the sadness, it's been so beautiful seeing the way people have been coming together. And holding each other.

Showing solidarity. Regardless of the religion or the race. Je suis Charlie.

Let's not give our attention to what went wrong or what caused it to go wrong.

Rather let's give our attention to making it good again. And right again.

And as Mother Teresa once said...

"I was once asked why I don't participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that I will never do that, but as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I'll be there."

Much Loves,

Angela.

My Beautiful Words on Facebook.
My Beautiful Words on Pinterest.
Shop My Beautiful Words on Dawanda

Encouraging Courage. Encouraging You.

No comments:

Post a Comment